Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Out With the Old and In With the New.

WOW!!!! It is almost 2012! Where did 2011 go!??!!!!! In just the last few weeks, my daughter turned 3 and my sone turned 6. We found out we were expecting a 3rd and then much to our disappointment,we had a miscarriage.Halloween and Thanksgiving have both come and gone.We made it through the 1 year mark of my Uncle Whyne's passing.One child is out of school for Christmas vacation and the other gets out in a day and a half. I have blinked and the year is almost gone.
It is scary how much time seems to move faster and faster with each passing year. I can remember being young and it would feel like time was at a halt and going by sooooooo slowly. Not now! I wake up at 6:30 and then all of a sudden,it's bedtime again. Another day done and crossed off that we will never get back.
Right now my children are so excited about Christmas that they can hardly stand it. Today is the 13th of December. In 12 days, there will be no more gifts under the tree.I'll be thinking about Spring and flower beds as I try to unswcrew toys out of packages since they are no longer held in with twist ties. I want to savor the next 12 days and see Christmas time through the eyes of the two most precious gifts I have ever received.
We have a sneaky little elf that has been visiting us for the last 2 weeks. his name is Frodo Doh-Doh. The best part of each morning to the two of them is seeing where Frodo Doh-Doh has moved to and if he got into to any mischief the night before. I have been trying to have fun with it this year. I have. Mostly. Except on those nights when I wake up at 4 am and realize that I forgot to move him and have to come up with something half asleep.
I know that I must enjoy these days because they too will pass in the blink of an eye and all too soon I will be handing out money instead of toys to two teenages who think that Christmas fun is lame and want to sleep until 12 on Christmas morning instead of waking me up before the sun. The thought of it brings tears to my eyes as I type.

No comments:

Post a Comment